1. Butternut squash soup
Make it stop. I can't take another spoonful, even if it is well prepared and not the typical gloppy sort.
2. Liquid nitrogen
Seriously what is wrong with using the freezer. Because that crumbling plasterboard texture is so appetizing?
3. Truffle oil
Reminds me of drugstore knockoff of expensive perfume. I would rather ingest the perfume than the oil.
4. Vanilla in anything savory
I don't care if you are Guy Savoy. Please keep it away from my seafood.
5. Chocolate in everything sweet
Have some creativity (and I don't mean the tired use of bacon, which I otherwise still love).
6. Servers who crouch down and/or touch me
I don't know who decided this increases tips, but this is just plain weird.
7. Wine lists limited to domestic wines
I like local almost as much as any politically correct diner, but I like things that taste good more. I have one word for this kind of wine list: corkage.
8. Wine lists limited to bottles over $100
9. Wine lists that offer only Veuve Clicquot, Dom Perignon, and Krug NV for sparkling wine options
I must be in Vegas.
I have yet to taste anything to rival the classic martini, and I would rather get full on food, not cocktails.