Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Places I've Eaten in Texas

Places I would go back to eat
*Closed

Bob's
Bodacious
Capital Grille
Central 214
Chick Fil-A
Chuy's
Cool River Cafe
Corner Bakery
Country Tavern
Craft
The Driskill
Del Frisco's
Fearing's
Ferre
Fleming's
Four Seasons Cafe
Franklin Barbecue
Guong Zhou Asian Bistro
Hudson's
Jake's
Jasper's Plano
Jimmy John's
Kenichi
Lonesome Dove
Manuel's
McCormick & Schmick's
Mr. Mesero
Nonna
North Main
Olivella's
Original Fried Pie Shop
Pappas Bros.
Pecan Lodge
Qui
Red Hot & Blue
Roy's
Stephan Pyles
Sullivan's
Truluck's
Uchi
Uchiko
Whataburger
YO Ranch Steakhouse

3 comments:

NS said...

I thought Uchi was fantastic. I spent four nights in Austin for a series of depositions earlier this year, and I (somewhat sheepishly) ended up having three of my four dinners at Uchi. The fish was incredibly fresh, and the flavor combinations were innovative and incredibly tasty. I had a foie gras dish there that, much to my surprise, was just as good as my all-time favorite (i.e., the one served by Ron Siegel at The Dining Room at the Ritz-Carlton during the summer).

Anonymous said...

Finicky, where have you gone? How can we live vicariously through your dining exploits if you won't post them?

Finicky said...

I am SO SORRY. My attorney gig has been sucking up even more of my time for the last couple of months than usual. I do have a post coming on a very exciting place I tried toward the end of 2006 in Washington D.C.. Thanks for your patience!

Ambivalent About Momofuku

First, am I the only person who thinks "Momofuku" does not mean Lucky Peach or refer to the name of some obscure ramen person from...